OSP 2020 — survey of research staff professional development

OSP 2020 K. Krishnamurthy (kkrishna@mst.edu)

Missouri S&T Strategic Plan is supported by other plans from departments, school and functions. Our campus research enterprise is one of those supporting plans and is called OSP 2020. I invite you to participate in it and a copy can be had at the sponsored programs website.

We have five themes for improvement A – E and each theme has a set of actions to be conducted. As an example one theme has an action that called for a survey, since conducted, of the faculty and research staffs on needs and level of service satisfaction. That survey informed us of actions to be taken for improvement. I am now working my way through that list of needs and have done things like subscribing to ProQuest PIVOT for the campus. 

An action called for this quarter is to discover the professional development needs of our research staff members from the administrators and the technical staff at the various centers and with OSP personnel. A temporary committee is being formed to help me look at this and will be surveying you for your opinions in the first part of November. The analysis of that survey will help me create a set of improvements for our campus research performance.

Speak Your Mind